Saturday, July 4, 2015

Washington Irving Wrap-up

The author for June was Washington Irving, an American author who lived around the same time as Cooper, our last month's author. Maybe they were friends or at least colleagues (or rivals!)... They both lived in New York during their writing years.

I read The Legend of Sleepy Hollow in June.

Like mom, I also just downloaded this short story from the Internet. I thought it was very creative, and I enjoyed the imagery created of Sleepy Hollow- a beautiful but haunted wood that is immune to the passing of time. As for Ichabod Crane, I liked him at first but then he became a little greedy and I grew less fond.


1 comment:

  1. I've totally lost track of what we're supposed to be reading. I just finished Mark Twain's 'The Prince and the Pauper'. It was a very enjoyable story about what could have happened to Henry VIII son, Edward.

    ReplyDelete