Friday, February 6, 2015

February '15- Robert Louis Stevenson

A friend is off to San Francisco Monday- so I'm thinking of that beautiful city today! A year and a half ago, three young ladies had a BLAST of a time in San Fran and beyond. Our trip pictures are here! The photo is of Alcatraz island. 

Next up on our reading journey: Robert Louis Stevenson

Kidnapped
Treasure Island
Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde
A Child's Garden of Verses

I'll admit I have not started yet... I hear Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde is quite short so I figure I can start later! I'm still recovering from Vanity Fair!

I am proposing a twist on our book club- hear me out.

What if every four months, we have a free month where we read whatever we want?  

So that would mean that next month, March, I could start the 44 Scotland Street series I have been meaning to read! 

Today is Friday, woohoo! This weekend Daniel and I heading out of town to spend some quality time on Denman Island at the cabin with his sister, brother in law, and whoever else is there! I've made plenty of chocolate zucchini muffins to share. The thought was to get some skiing in at mt Washington, but we shall see about the status of the snow after a week or two of rain and warm 
temperatures!

4 comments:

  1. I'm partway through Treasure Island. I've read it before but am enjoying rereading it. I'm glad that thee are no pirates hanging around here in Victoria!!! I'm for whatever you decide about what we should read each month. We don't want anyone to get too swamped with these classic novels so a break every few months is probably a good thing. I do appreciate how well you keep up the blog, Shanna, and I don't foresee any confusion if we divert from the reading schedule every 4 months,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well if you are in also, then a good portion of our readership is I'm agreement! I am glad that you read my blog:)

      Delete
  2. Sounds good to me! I am always in favor of people reading 44 Scotland Street!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! You must be getting stoked for Amsterdam!!!

      Delete